Saturday 29 October 2016

Reader's Letter Of The Day

From yesterday's Metro (Scottish edition):

Made Of Tougher Stuff, I agree with you. I have been married for 40 years and my hubby has never once worn a hat, gloves, vest or pyjamas. He is a real man!

IK, Glasgow


I don't know what MOTS's original vicarious boast was, but this one could run and run, culminating with something like this…

I have been married for sixty years and my husband has never worn anything but underpants. When we are snowed in, he marches out and kills a polar bear with his bare hands so that we have something to eat.

EW, Lapland.

10 comments:

James Higham said...

I'm not a real man - I demand injections at the dentist.

Mark Wadsworth (YPP) said...

JH, that makes you braver than me. I skip the injection as the drilling and scraping doesn't bother me - but I dislike injections intensely.

FrankC said...

Having a dose of anaesthetic/adrenaline squirted into a vein put me off dentists.

Macrocompassion said...

I bet your man knows nothing about economics, and that's what a superman really needs in order to fix up the world.

Mark Wadsworth said...

FrankC, bloody Hell, that raises a lot more questions than it answers.

MC, maybe, maybe not.

Bayard said...

"EW, Lapland."

I never knew there was a place in Yorkshire called Lapland.

Mark Wadsworth said...

B, there isn't. Neither is there a place called Glasgow in Yorkshire AFAIAA.

Bayard said...

Mark, I think you might have missed the Monty Python reference.

Mark Wadsworth said...

B, no I did not, and technically it was not a Monty Python sketch :-)

Bayard said...

No, but it was starting to sound like it.