Friday 26 October 2012

"Savile police to arrest up to a dozen 'household names' within days"

From The Daily Mail:

Police are on the verge of arresting up to a dozen household names accused of sex abuse but missed an incredible seven chances to trap paedophile Jimmy Savile while he was alive, it has been revealed.

Scotland Yard is to act 'within days' as it emerged the pervert DJ abused at least 300 people because he was allowed to rape and sexually assault victims unhindered for decades. A source close to the investigation would not deny that Dyson, Bosch, Sanyo and Domestos were among the names concerned.

Emily Blaithwaite, 43, a housewife from Croydon told reporters: "I don't think I ever met Jimmy Savile. But I'm happy for them to take my Dyson if it helps clear up these heinous crimes. And it makes my skin crawl to think that I left my children alone in a room with that Sanyo flat screen. Who would have thought that such an innocent looking device would do something like that?"

Mr and Mrs Blaithwaite bought their 3-bed family home for £85,000 in 1999 and it is now worth over £300,000.

"I blame the Catholic church," added Mrs Blaithwaite "They knew what those priests were doing and I bet they helped cover up for Savile. He's one of them, isn't he?

12 comments:

Bill Quango MP said...

the jolly green giant always seemed a bit dodgy to me. And Yakult..Even sounds like occult

john b said...

Don't be silly, none of the tar brush - he were a left-footer.

James Higham said...

Ah, left-footism now at this blog.

A K Haart said...

I wonder if they intend to do something about all the Snickers too.

banned said...

On BBC radio he's been demoted over the past two weeks from
'Sir Jimmy Savile' to
'Jimmy Savile' and now he is

"Savile!" (with a snarl).

Tim Almond said...

On the plus side, you'll never see his stupid face on TV again.

I'm not going to join in with the postmortem "I always knew Savile was probably a paedo" chorus. Everyone's saying that because he was an oddball, but then, so was Benny Hill (and the main accusations against him come from the legal Hill's Angels).

If you want to see how different the past is from the present, find an old St Trinians movie and compare it with the present one. Even in context, you couldn't put a sixth form girl doing a striptease in a mainstream movie without having the wrath of the press on you.

Mark Wadsworth said...

BQ, that's right, I hope you won't allow that sort of filth to grace the shelves where you work.

JB, excellent point, I've now updated Mrs B's prejudices to match events.

JH, yup.

AKH, I bloody well hope so. I've cleared my cupboards of that sort of filth.

B, yup. That's all part of the fun.

TS, the pinnacle of film making was Airplane. There's not a single scene would get past the PC brigade now.

Bayard said...

That comment about the value of the Blaithwaite family home really doesn't look out-of-place.

Mark Wadsworth said...

B, no Mail article is complete without it.

Tim Almond said...

TS, the pinnacle of film making was Airplane. There's not a single scene would get past the PC brigade now.

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.
[takes coffee]
Little Girl: Oh, won't you sit down?
Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?
Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

and

Captain Oveur: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

I blame the sort of shrill, humourless women that crept into politics after the 80s.

Bayard said...

Oh, it's not just women. The Puritans have been crawling out from under stones for decades now.

Mark Wadsworth said...

TS, captain to little boy "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

B, who's blaming women in particular?