Tuesday 25 December 2007

Transformers - The Movie

The Lad got the DVD of this as an Xmas present. We slapped it straight on and we've just finished watching it, and I must say, it was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Parts of it were actually moderately funny and the bit towards the end where Mikaela Banes (the heroine) says 'I'm glad I got in that car with you' to Sam Witwicky (the hero) was almost quite moving (but I'm easily moved if I have a hangover)*.

But can anybody explain to me how the co-ordinates of The Cube's hiding place came to etched on Captain Witwicky's spectacles?  I really didn't get that bit.

* This refers back to the beginning of the film where Mikaela nearly walks off and Sam asks her how she'll feel in fifty years' time if she doesn't get back in the car and continue the adventure.

4 comments:

Henry North London 2.0 said...

Dont intend to see it but I need to thank you Mark for being the visitor that broke the 778 mark for visits this month going past the visitors for November with still five more days to go of this month

It makes me feel good and warm inside

Merry Christmas

Mark Wadsworth said...

You too, HNL!

flashgordonnz said...

I won't see it either. But we did get first son the Optimus Prime voice changer mask.

Mark Wadsworth said...

FG, now that is tacky!