Tuesday 18 December 2007

"Censors battle for Manhunt 2 ban"

Apart from the fact that such a ban is in practice unenforceable (I am sure that you could buy it on-line or something), this reminds me of a visit to Virgin (or was it HMV?) a couple of years ago:

Me "My son wants 'Half Life 2' for his 14th birthday."

Shop assistant "I should point out that this has an 18 certificate"

Me "Is it the nasty sort of violent game that will horrify his mother and grandmother, with whom he has lived since his mother left me ten years ago?"

Shop assistant "Yes, very much so."

Me "Good. I'll take one then, please."

2 comments:

Scott Freeman said...

I think the shop assistant lied to you - Half Life 2 is rated 15 :P

But your son has an excellent taste in games.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Cool! He's turned 16 now, so we could take it back under some trading standards regulations and ask for something even more stomach churningly awful!