Saturday 29 December 2007

8 for 2008

Via Simon Clark.


Items 1. to 4. are personal/family related and of no interest to wider 'blogging community.

5. DK, Vindico, Greg Beamann and I persuade UKIP to adopt pragmatic/libertarian policies.

6. This 'blog becomes most visited and most influential political 'blog in the UK.

7. The Goblin King carries out his ten New Year Resolutions.

8. UKIP forms governing coalition with LPUK and gets cracking with repealing most legislation.

I tag Henry North London, Lady Thinker, Longrider, Remittance Man and Trixy (links in side bar).

3 comments:

Penny Pincher said...

Thanks - I'll just take my tag back home and ponder a while...

Newmania said...

persuade UKIP to adopt pragmatic/libertarian policies.


That will never happen UKIP is communitarian not Libertarian.In fact its communitarianism is the whole point of its existence in as much as there is one. As a Conservative I have far more in common with its members and sympathisers than any thoroughgoing Libertarian would have. I find the odd identification of atomising individulaists with a Party whoch above all values tradition and "Tribe" paradoxical and slightly amusing.

I have been to afew Bruges group meetings and I hold in my hand " The Great Deception" at this very moment .I am well disposed to the ostensible aims of this Party but ..Libertarian no , that is the wrong word entirely. Universal rights have no place in a nationalist Party where are rights are locally defined and come with duties and responsibilites.

Mark Wadsworth said...

N ... er ... items 5 to 8 were sort of wishful thinking, but UKIP are far more libertarian-pragmatic than you think (although maybe not as much as I'd like)