Saturday 20 October 2007

Heavy blogging

I found out something new today.

You can get from East London to North Wales and back to East London by train in 11 hours (including Tube delays) for £47 return, with just enough time at the other end for the person you were supposed to meet to tell you they meant next Saturday.
------------
Update - a warm welcome to everyone here via the Adam Smith Institute blog review. This post makes more sense if you read it in conjunction with the previous one.

4 comments:

Henry North London 2.0 said...

So it was a wasted trip? Shucks

Vindico said...

Ouch. Have done that before. But I am sure the trip was lovely!!

Mark Wadsworth said...

WOAR, thanks, I feel slightly less daft about it now!

CatWoman said...

I've learned from a young age that people are wishy washy. B4 I walk out the door I'm on the phone confirming plans. I know most guys don't do this for some reason. My current S/O decided for a lark to drive all the way to the airport from downtown Chicago (about 45 minute drive) to go flea marketing which was closed for that one weekend, since probably last May. One quick Google search would have saved 90 minutes worth of petrol.